Friday, January 30, 2009

Just startin out

Ok. Hey. Im Jacquelyn Joyce Revere (pretty name huh). I am 22 and have stuttered since i was 2. Im not making this blog to whine about how absolutely sad i am because of it, or tell people how much it sucks, im not even writing this blog to teach people about stuttering. If that is an end result from the blog, then great, amazing, fantastic. There are a lot of stupid people out there who need to be educated on the topic. This is because i have recently realized that i actually say maybe about 35% of the things on my mind and keep the rest inside, for fear of stuttering or just too tired to push through each word and force them out. And sometimes i just dont feel like explaining it. end.

So, about me... I recently graduate from college...Hampton University...the real HU with a degree in Theatre....who woulda thunk it...and now i am applying to grad school for an M.F.A in acting...WHAT!!!!...yeah I act. Im balsy(sp)...but theres so much more. I like to think of myself as this outgoing fun girl, but im also extremely insecure in a lot of areas and im sure they will come out in the future. However for now, welcome to my life, i hope you enjoy it.

3 comments:

  1. I exactly know what you mean when you say that you only say about 35% of what is on your mind. I get exhausted after having to explain something over and over again...and sometimes I just don't want to deal with that so I don't even bother to speak in the first place. No one in my life seems to understand me when i say, "I just can't explain it right now!". Why are people so ignorant when it comes to stuttering?..or at least they are in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there is a hope, there is a way!
    I personally thinking to be a lecturer at uni in future! while I'm still suffering from stuttering! (70% recoveried)

    I believe that's all mental, and for sure there IS a way to overcome!

    Keep talking slow, with a deep breath befor each comment, and talk to yourself infront of a mirror... Perhaps reading a text loudly and slowly could be helpful!

    So painful at first, but after you see yourself that you can talk easily to people, you can communicate and all these things, you'll feel g8! don miss that feeling!

    If you leave something for tomorrow, that tomorrow will never comes!

    A citizen of the earth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling...getting stuck while speakign is one of the most agrivating things in the world. And i used to say, nevermind or it doesnt matter, but all that did was handicap me more. I didnt realize how important it is to say whats on my mind until my ex boyfriend, would make me not say "never mind" or "i dont want to talk about it anymore."
    and he would listen to me say it, no matter how long it took for me to get it out.
    ultimately, whats important is for you to care about what you have to say, and truly believe that, people need to hear it. If you know what you have to say is important than you force others to believe the same.
    You have to find a comfortable place in yourself, and bring that out whenever you speak...lol i sound like a therapist, but its true

    ReplyDelete