Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Some stuttergirl rattling off that maybe has nothing to do with stuttering....I think.

Ok, so lately Ive been really into positive thinking and progression, and a lotta Super Sunday Oprah Marrianne Williamson type of higher power type stuff. It cool, its take discipline and hard work, but then the day comes when you realize that you are not your thoughts and little by little you train yourself to remain in that head space. It pretty effin awesome. Well that is what I have been doing for the past few weeks (well the past few months, but Im just now noticing the change), and I fall off the bandwagon sometimes but Im figuring out how to fight the temptation to get into a slump more and more and succeeding. I say all that to say that, learning to look at your world and your life in a new way can literally change your life in unspeakable ways. Dot It!

On to Updates.
Im still in the rehearsal process for the play that I am in a cautionary tail by christopher oscar pena, yes the lowercase is on purpose, here is a press release for it.
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/177195-World-Premiere-of-A-Cautionary-Tail-and-NY-Premiere-of-White-Hot-Will-Play-The-Flea

Exciting Right.
It feels good to be able to get on stage again, its been a while. Ive done some camera work but nothing much besides that. And the adrenaline of going on stage every night for an extended amount of time is something I really need right now. And sometimes its scary and sometime when I have bad speech days, it scares me but I get on that stage and put more of myself into than ever before and still do it. Because I have no other option, I chose this, it was my choice, I love my choice, it was a hard choice to make but it was mine and I made it. I took the hard road. This isn't just for stutterers, but also anyone who has decided to take the hard road because they knew it was going to be more fulfilling, I salute you, I love you, I respect you, and I fight for you.

Wow,what just happened. Ok im gonna bow out, before this turns into a session.

No comments:

Post a Comment