Thursday, August 28, 2014

Day 3 #100 TerribleDays Challenge

So todays challenge was a little different. I did a lot of open voluntary stuttering with customers, Ive always felt a fondness for voluntary stuttering (after I got over the hump of needing to be fluent) and as I use it more I realize how much I really do like it. It just puts it out there. When my first words come out, with easy stuttering, people get it. I can see their minds process, oh she stutters, ok, and then we go on with the task at hand. I like this type of non-verbal communication. So anyway, my challenge today was to walk up to a customer and ask her where she had gotten her hair done. I liked her hair, and I want to do something different to mines when I travel in September, so that I don't have to do too much to it. I walked up to this beautiful tall woman, and immediately felt the struggle. I struggled. I struggled through out the entire conversation which ended up being about 30 minutes long because we then began talking about a slew of other things. But I did it. And I did get a few easy stutters in there, but the urge to fight the stutter is just the universe letting me know that I still have work to do. No problem. I have 97 more days of this so Im up for the challenge. But the woman also said that, the effort that it took for me to walk up to her and tell her that I liked her hair, really touched her heart. And she knew that it really wasn't about her hair but about my heart. People really do see the real you when you allow it to shine though. So, today was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment