Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Stuttergirl In a Play...Yay!

I know its been a minute since Ive updated, but I was going through this callback process for this play, after 4 Callbacks, I am a cast member!!!!! I wont slip the details yet, but you are all invited once I can spill the beans. I can say, that its in NYC and its by a wonderful playwright, and Im excited...ok now on to stutter business.

This weeks challenge thought up by myself and my speech pathologist, again is to openly voluntary stutter to three people that I do not know everyday. Its not easy, sometimes I just don't want to talk to people, some days I already feel insecure and stuttering in front of a person feels like standing in front of them nude...and somedays I just want to stay in and eat dark chocolate all day. But those are the days when I have to push the hardest...I actually just finished making 5 phone calls to restaurants (for practice), because the phone call I just received to accept the role in the play, caught me completely off guard and all my secondaries came glaring out...and I didn't disclose/advertise womp womp.

Desensitization is the key...I hope this really is the key. Otherwise I might as well be at the wrong house.


BTW crossfit has been amazing, I am addicted and now go 5-6 times a week. This morning I crawled to the gym in the snow, and was very happy I went once the 'After Workout Happy Hormones' began to hit me.

Im going to post a longer blog this evening (I think) talking about bracing for the stutter. With my speech Ive trained myself in such a way that before I even open my mouth I brace for a stutter, I always expect a stutter. Im now trying to ways to combat that...I will elaborate of this later.

Until then, have a wonderful day my lovelies, stutter beautifully, and pray for spring to show its face PLEASE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment