Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Day 34 #100TerrifyingDays

I have to be honest, I may be a day behind, mainly because Im not sure what day today is. I left Paris in the morning and now I'm in Abu Dhabi and its late night, so give me a pass please. Well, I've noticed that travel, moreso traveling alone really gives you a confidence and sense of independence that nothing else can. Im loving it. Im stuttering more freely, more openly, and Im loving that feeling as well. On my flight from Paris to Abu Dhabi, We were served drinks and meals, the normal. I was asked many times what I would like. I am at the point with my stutter that I now usually say what I want despite knowing I will stutter on it, however I do still question if the word will be difficult to say.

I released a video yesterday where my speech pathologist and I were talking about how we as stutterers should work on making all sounds and all words equal opportunity words. This way nothing is more difficult, everything can be stuttered on, everything will be stuttered on and we won't worry ourselves about what is and isn't ok to say. I took a chance at this, I said the first thing I wanted each time.

Mango Juice, Lamb Kofta, Cappuccino...I flew Etihad airlines, I fell in love with the luxury of this airline...yes, even in my economy seat. Anyway, it was liberating, I stuttered over the passengers sitting next to me then kindly smiled and didn't think about it a moment afterward. Im feeling good right now, and Im exciting to meet all of the stutterers in Mumbai as well. God Bless, see ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment