Thursday, October 23, 2014

Day 52 Stuttering Awareness Day

So today is Stuttering Awareness Day, there seems to have been a lot of people very excited about it this year, thats good, I can see that the Stuttering Community is gaining more of a voice, and I appreciate that, I think its a beautiful thing. So today, i went to an event that AIS and the NSA were throwing. It was supposed to be a scavenger hunt that encouraged stutterers to talk to strangers and educate them about stuttering, however it rained and poured and we ended up staying inside, but we instead, made phone calls to five people in our phones to tell them its Stuttering Awareness Days and share one stuttering fact with them. It was fun, i chose to call a friend i haven't spoken to in a while, I still advertised, (ps, all my friends know that I stutter) and told him the fact, then the conversation just went somewhere else, this pretty much happened with all of my friends. But that was my challenge and I completed it...Boom

No comments:

Post a Comment