Saturday, October 18, 2014

Day 48 #100TerrifyingDays

Spoke on a mic today. Unexpectedly, but I guess thats the best time to do anything huh. So a wonderful friend of mines Cristina Pimentel who is a brilliant fashion stylist and a beautiful stutterer as well (shameless plus for her website The Fuschsia Files here) threw a fashion event here in NYC, it was beautiful, cocktails and women discussing what makes them feel authentic. SO while discussion was happening, the microphone was sneakily passed to me...The question was, "what make your style you? or something along those lines, and I answered, as I wore my purple MAC lipstick, "lipsticks make me feel like me, its authentic to who I am" and boy did I stutter, however I also advertised before giving my answer.

As of late I have been taking the time to feel what my first reactions to situations are, and my first instinct was the pass the mic to someone else, I decided to fight that and speak. Its one thing at a time that will help me overcome this fear, that is present within me when speaking. Im enjoying the learning process, but I have much further to go than I ever thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment