Sunday, October 5, 2014

Day 36 #100TerrifyingDays

Hello, so I have been out of commission for a while because I was at The Indian Stammering Associations TISA conference in Pune, India, where i didn't have a wifi connection, however I am back with all my challenges that took place during that time. I can say that Here, I struggled more with my speech than I have in a very long time. It came to me as a surprise to find myself fighting myself so much to speak during these pst there days, because I have been able to have a bit of control lately. But there is nothing like being placed in a situation to remind you of exactly where you are. 

So my challenge was to give a speech, a 10 minute speech. Ive never done that before, and I was told the day before that it was something that I would be doing. So, I talked to Reuben, a fellow American stutterer on the trip as well, and a Toastmaster, to give me some tips. he was incredibly helpful, and I did my absolute best. I like to think of myself as a mix of sarcasm, whit, and honesty all rolled into one. Hopefully thats how my speech was received. I am now going to join a Toastmasters group when I get back to the states. Public speaking is important to me, and I want to be my personal best so why not give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment