Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Day 45 #100TerrifyingDays

Went to work today, I seem to be having a lot of heartfelt moments with my co-workers as of late, Im enjoying it, no complaints here, so Im strolling around my job, trying to look busy for a second or two, when I randomly got into this conversation with one of my co-workers about where I have been and what I've been up to. I recently took three weeks off work to travel a bit, and talk about stuttering in other countries. So i explained this, and that opened up the floodgates for him to share with me about his experience with being OCD, and how judgmental people can be without properly understand exactly what is going on. Its interesting, but I'm happy we had the talk. I had to monitor my tension during this talk a lot, some days are just easier than others. I also had this customer today who was really down on herself about being the Black Sheep in her family because she has a learning disability, she actually opened up the conversation by saying "my sisters a speech pathologist, you should just slow down" I responded with, well i can tell you that that is not the truth. I then told her about Stuttergirl and how I hope the videos i do help people. So, that was my day in a nutshell, with some voluntary stuttering thrown in there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment