Monday, October 6, 2014

Day 38 #100TerrifyingDays

I know...I know I said I wasn't going to do anything challenge wise today, but I did. Today is my last day In India, Dhruv, a friend of mines who Ive been staying with, we both took a walk to the markets, went to eat,  and enjoy the city, during this we had a great discussion about acceptance and the journey through it all life in general and stammering as well. This was important for me because acceptance has been a long road for me and still is, every new situation i put myself in I learn "Oh, maybe Im not as far as I thought I was" Its been an interesting journey.

All that to say, that i am not as far as I thought I was. During The Indian Stammering Association Conference, I had intense blocks, harder than Ive blocked in years, it was incredibly difficult to accept. Being in a foreign country, talking to peoples whose native language isn't English, being tired and sleep deprived, and off of a regular schedule all attributed to that, but I didn't know how intense it could get. I knew that my struggle behavior with my stutter wasn't over, but I didn't think i was this far off the path I thought I was on. All I can say to that is, well, now I know, and now I can work on it.

So, after having this talk, Dhruv challenged me to order a dessert with our waiter and keep eye contact. I did it. Not horribly painful. So Im making some changes and Im going to make my challenges more difficult the higher days I get with this journey. Stay tuned. Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment