Monday, October 20, 2014

Day 50 #100TerrifyingDays

Im proud to be kicking off my half way mark with this challenge. I had a meeting with a now friend, who was the producer for a show that I was cast in earlier this year called The Seven (by the way the number 7 has followed me my entire life, so much so that I have a tattoo of the number 7 on my wrist). The show was great, and he did a wonderful job producing it as well, so I knew I had to pick his brain about a few projects tha I would like to begin working on. We met in a cafe on Broadway and 49th street. I openly stuttered with people around us, asking for an open chair, and during our entire conversation, I made it my job to enjoy the moment, and the process of sharing my dreams and my thoughts, and to not worry about the stutter. I found that in the past, I was worrying so much about how long i kept my eyes open and how much tension i had that i stopped taking the time to understand why we talk in the first place and its to express ourselves. So, I focused on that. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to work on eye contact and what not, but for this second, i just want to have fun talking, because its been a labored process for so much of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment