Saturday, September 6, 2014

Day 12 #100TerrifyingDays

So, my friend invited me to a fashion show for Fashion Week here in NYC. BTW my friend is a budding fashion youtube blogger TheCurvyCutie. So this was her atmosphere, I on the other hand was just happy to be there, and feel cool and fashionable and have the sangria. So she is one of the best networkers that I know, she has a way of talking to people that gets their guard down and she's just lovely to watch communicate. I....am still working on that specially in networking situations. So she was talking to an editor of a Plus Size Magazine company and she introduces me and says I have a blog as well, about stuttering. That was the perfect intro for me, It really set up who i was and gave the lady I was talking to information on what to expect. So I was very appreciative of that. However what happened afterward was pure luck (or preparation...i don't believe in luck), this woman was the most attentive and supportive listener I have had in a very long time, I told her about the #100terrifyingdays during all of this I kept giving myself positive reinforcement, thinking positive thoughts, and scanning my body for any tension to release. The editor and I really made a beautiful connection, she looked me in my eyes and said you're on the right path. It was beautiful. Ive been putting myself in these challenging situations lately and the confirmation that I have been receiving has been amazing. I hope this helps other people out there who have been scared to follow their dreams because of their speech or any other forceable obstacle. The doors will open, you just have to put yourself on the line and take many leaps of faith. Until next time, I love you and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment