Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Day 22 #100TerrifyingDays

Had some dental work done today, so my mouth was numb for half the day, I also had a phone meeting a little later today about my possible trip to Israel, you can donate here, if you'd like to support me in spreading stuttering awareness globally.

However I noticed that I gave myself such leeway to speak as slowly as wanted to, because i had the added difficulty of not being able to feel my mouth. I wish I could give that to myself just because I deserve it. I don't don't this as often, but I used to feel so bad stuttering, because I thought i was waisting peoples time, and its my problem. I wonder if people in wheelchairs, or blind people feel this way about their "disability." So, i want to focus more on slowing down because I can, and what I need to do for myself in that moment is more important than anyones opinion about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment