Thursday, September 11, 2014

Day 17 #100TerrifyingDays Challenge

Went to dinner with a friend this evening at a restaurant she's managing, if I ever need a good practice session for eye contact I know I can count on her...she gets it, she gets stuttering, she gets why eye contact is important, she gets it and she's fluent, and I love her for that. So I did some really good eye contact practice with her. A waiter was at the table while we were talking and a big block came up, and she kept eye contact with me, while blocking and pulling out of it, patiently waited for me to finish my sentence, then we attended to the waiter. She's a great boss but she's also a great friend, and I needed that moment and our practice dinner.

So, this was clearly a love letter to my friend, but moments like that outweigh all the crappy ones, because these people know me and love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment