Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Day 8 #100TerrifyingDays

Lots of talking today, at work, at support group, on the train, but then I decided to go into Best Buy and make this a formal challenge, I challenged myself to go into Best Buy and ask where the memory cards for cameras are, while keeping a positive mental state. Ive noticed that if I go into these challenges just working on my stutter, Im never quite happy with the outcome, so if I go into them attacking the behavior that causes the struggles in my speech, I feel better in the end. So I found a employee, asked my question, the gentleman of course finished my sentence, I would not allow him to show me where the Memory cards were until i finished my own sentence. Small things like that really do make me feel better. Whether the person has a habit of finishing other people sentences, or is impatient, or wants to help me out, I really do make it a habit to say all that I intended to say. I hope you guys are doing well on your journey, it can get a bit hectic out there, keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment