Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Day 16 #100TerrifyingDays

Today was pretty low-key, worked from home a bit, so I decided to do a phone call challenge using pullouts. Im working on a lot of things with my speech, i need to make a list of all of them, but one of them is muscle control, specially with pullouts. I did a phone call to a restaurant asking if I could reserve a room for a party of fifty. My goal during this call was to minimize tension, and pull out of my blocks while keeping my eyes open. i have a tendency to close my eyes when i stutter, thus losing connection with the person Im talking with. I figured a first step is learning to maintain eye contact on the phone, its a bit easier because Im not looking the person directly in the eye, and I'm also finally mentally and emotionally ready to work on this secondary, which I think is my most one. So I know it will take a lot of work, maybe years, but this journey hasn't been short thus far, so why would I expect it to be now.
I advertised on the phone, (told her that I stutter), she was very pleasant and patient, and time pressure that I felt I had placed on myself, which is the usual in a lot of cases...not all, but I walked away with a few success' and few really nice pullouts. Im happy with today.

No comments:

Post a Comment