Friday, September 12, 2014

Day 18 #100TerrifyingDays

I work in retail where we have new hires and new fires ALL THE TIME. I swear this month I saw at least 100 new people. So for the people who have been there a slightly longer amount of time (which I guess would be me, 8 months and counting till I rid myself of this hell) you get into the habit of letting new people come, you don't really introduce yourself because there is a whole new 100 people who will be gone and another new 100 hired. Ive gotten into this habit which I detest, its just a bit of a hassle explaining the whole I stutter thing and waiting for their responce. However,I know how important being acknowledged is, specially as someone who has to fight for it when speaking. So, today I decided to break the habit, I introduced myself to a new girl, Jovanna, and we had a really fun conversation, I even told her about the youtube videos I do, which was cool. I may just take on the challenge to also meet one new person at my job a day. Lets see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment